Being a parent of a new born baby we think a lot, even for taking a small decision for a baby, we want to clear all our doubts. This behavior of parent is obvious and especially if it is your first experience as parent, when you do not know anything about parenting your extra caring behavior is good.
In the month of April, May and Jun when its too sunny and weather is too hot the question which most parent of new born baby want to ask is. Can we expose our baby to air conditioner? Is it good or not?
So, the straight answer to this question is that air conditioner will not harm your baby until and unless –
- Air vent of the air conditioner should not blow direct to baby and chill him.
- Temperature should be set in between 24 degrees to 27 degree. It will make your baby feel comfortable and prevent heat rashes and dehydration.
- Make sure to switch off the air conditioner and allow your baby to adjust the body temperature to the natural temperature before bringing baby out of the room.
- Cleaning of air filter regularly is important because air conditioner is also a big source of spreading germs in room which is not good for baby.
- Make sure that your baby is properly dressed before exposing him to air conditioner.
- If your baby is suffering from cold and cough do not use air conditioner for baby it may seriously affect your baby’s health.
However, some studies show that appropriately cooled and ventilated room can reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). I hop that you got the answer of your question in above 6 points. If you liked this article follow us share us. Thanks for reading.