Udaipur city is one of the most beautiful cities in the state of Rajasthan of India. It is also known as “city of lakes” or “Venice of the East” because it is surrounded by beautiful water bodies like Lake Pichola, Lake Fateh Sagar and many more. This place is very close to nature and you will find many natural picnic sports as well.
Everyone who visits this place loves it and for kids, it is like a ‘paradise’. This place offers many exciting things for you and your kids to enjoy boating, a camel ride, tracking, ropeway and one of the biggest fish aquariums in terms of a galleon of water and species of fishes in the entire nation is also present in Udaipur.
Places to visit in Udaipur City with kids
- Lake Pichola – You cannot miss out on taking a boat ride on Lake Pichola. The lake has two famous islands, namely Jag Niwas and Jagmandir. Kids love the beauty of this place, walking along with the wall of Pichola or “Pall“ in the local language. The boat ride will make you feel good and sunset here is just awesome. You cannot forget it ever in your life. If you want some mental peace and want to meditate, then the best time to visit this place is in the early morning.
- Lake Fateh Sagar –This place is the heart of the city. I consider it the pride of the city. It is one of the artificial lakes constructed by “MAHARANA JAI SINGH” in 1678 and named after “MAHARANA FATEH SINGH”. The place is surrounded by humongous mountains. In rainy seasons, the waterfall of Fateh Sagar will mesmerize you and kids will love watching the waterfall and nature around it. Besides the beautiful view, you can enjoy the bicycle ride on the long path of the lake and have fun in beautiful gardens on the spot itself with your kids. The lake flaunts an island named “Nehru Park” containing lush green gardens, palm trees, and water fountains carved out of marbles. There is a boat-shaped restaurant on the island. Last but not least, the biggest Fish Aquarium, ‘UNDER THE SUN’, situated close to Vibhuti Park. At a hot-spot in Udaipur- the Lake Fateh Sagar Paal is one of the biggest attractions of Udaipur.
- Saheliyon Ki Bari – The garden is full of fountains, kiosks, marble elephants and a delightful lotus pond. They built this place for the maids who accompanied the princess. The place is beautiful and mostly overcrowded by visitors on vacation. Thousands of domestic and foreign tourists visit this place every year.
- Ambrai Ghat – The ghat is popular for the best lakeside view in Udaipur. It is a part of Lake Pichola and situated apposite “Gangaur Ghat”. There are the best restaurants and hotels around this pace to enjoy with family and friends. One can sit alone or with friends or family and spend some peaceful time enjoying the beautiful view. In the night, the lights of hotels and City Palace add five stars to the beauty of the place.
- Sajjangarh Fort and Wildlife Sanctuary – We also know it as Monsoon Palace. It is the beautiful fort constructed by “Maharana Sajjan Singh”. It looks like a fairy-tale castle and it is actually a small museum. Down the hill, there is a wildlife sanctuary where you will find different species of animals and birds. Kids love watching wildlife in their natural habitats. In the monsoon season, clouds cover the fort and when it rains, the beauty of this place is beyond imagination.
- Sukhadia Circle – If you are visiting Udaipur visit this place. It is a beautiful garden in a circle shape. The main attraction of the place is “Paddle Boat” because it is in the middle of the garden. There are a variety of street vendors selling food, balloons, and toys for the kids. It is the most recommended place in Udaipur, especially if you have kids.
- Chetak Smarak – This place is located at Fateh Sagar in the memory of “Chetak” a horse of Indian ruler Maharana Pratap. It is said that the horse of Maharana Pratap named Chetak helped him to escape from the battle of “Haldighati” and the horse died at this place. You will get the amazing look of Fateh Sagar from here because this place is situated at the top of the hill. There is a small museum dedicated to the historic battle, where you can learn more about the relationship between Chetak and his master.
- City Palace Museum – It is a palace of the royal family in Udaipur. Palace is situated on the bank of Lake Pichola. Some part of this palace is still occupied by the royal family. It is a beautiful museum which shows the lifestyle of the king in 18th and 19th The architect of this palace is mind-blowing and many tourists visit this place every year.
- Shilpgram – It is a type of artificial village. If you want to enjoy the traditional food and shop, the traditional hand-made articles of the local artist, this place is best for you. Kids can enjoy the camel ride and the performances of a local artist. The best time to visit this place is in December because in December sellers from all over the country come here to sell their products and artist from all over India perform their art here. It is a carnival organized by local authorities for all.
- Shri Nath Ji Temple and Ekling Ji Temple – These temples are situated about 45-50 Km from Udaipur. These temples are exquisite and attractive. The driveway to these temples is full of greenery and covered with tall mountains.
- Biological Park – It is a zoological garden in Udaipur. They develop it over an area of 36 hectares and have different varieties of animals and birds that have been brought from different parts of the world. At present, it houses 60 animals of 21 species including tigers, panthers, lions, ostriches, alligators, rhesus monkeys, etc. This is the best place for you to visit along with your kids.
So, guys, these are my top 11 places to visit in Udaipur City. There is much more to see in Udaipur. The places listed above are the places that are highly recommended for all to visit on their trip to Udaipur. Everyone loves this place because of its natural beauty, good food, lakes, and temples. This place offers a thing to do for both adult and children, they’re for people want to visit this place again and again. Friends, I hope you like this article. Thanks for reading.